See a guide to the top events going on this weekend in the Washington, DC area, including Maryland and Northern Virginia. Wow! What a lineup. There is an amazing amount of festivals going on this month.
- National Book Festival – Sept. 22-23, 2012. National Mall, Washington, DC. The event features more than 100 award-winning authors, illustrators and poets who will talk about and sign their books.
- Latino Festival – Fiesta DC – Sept. 23, 2012, 11 a.m. -7 p.m. Washington DC. Celebrate the Latino culture and enjoy international cuisine and live entertainment.
- Oktoberfests – Through October, 2012. Find German fall festivals around the region and enjoy beer, food, music and dancing.
- Pumpkin Patches in Maryland and Virginia – Through October. Find a variety of fall festivals at farms in the Washington DC suburbs. Many events kick off in September featuring family-friendly activities.
- Capital Home Show – Sept. 21-23, 2012. Dulles Expo Center. 4368 Chantilly Shopping Center, Chantilly, VA. Meet home building and remodeling experts and shop, compare and save on all of your home improvement projects.
- Hyattsville Arts Festival – Sept. 22, 2012. Hyattsville, Maryland. The event includes visual arts and live performances by musicians, dancers, and street performers.
- DC Fashion Week – Sept. 17-23, 2012. The event includes fashion industry networking parties, an outdoor festival showcasing local designers, designer trunk shows, and an educational seminar.
- Big Apple Circus – LEGENDARIUM – Sept. 20-Oct. 8, 2012. Dulles Town Center, Dulles, Virginia. New York’s original one-ring circus presents world-class circus artistry where no seat is more than 50 feet from the ring.
- Mount Vernon’s 18th-Century Craft Fair – Sept. 22-23, 2012, 9 a.m.-5 p.m. The fair is a re-creation of an early American marketplace with artist demonstrations, family entertainment and 18th-century amusements.
- National Hispanic Heritage Month – Sept. 15-Oct. 15, 2012. Celebrate the culture and traditions of Spanish speaking residents who trace their roots to Spain, Mexico, Central America, South America and the Caribbean.
- Great Frederick Fair – Sept. 14-22, 2012. Frederick Fairgrounds. Musical entertainment, tractor pulls, equine expo and showcase, agricultural events, food.
- Kaleidoscope Arts Festival – Through October. Alexandria, Virginia. The festival features more than 100 exhibitions and programs in visual art, theater, music and dance.
- Maryland Renaissance Festival – Through October 21, 2012. Crownsville, Maryland. The annual event creates a 16th century English village with crafts, food, live performances, games and lots more.
- 17th Street Festival – Sept. 22, 2012, 12-6pm. Washington DC. The free community event celebrates the 17th Street Corridor from Riggs Place to P Street and will include musical performances, artist vendors, a pet zone, and kids activities.
- Barracks Row Fall Festival – Sept. 22, 2012, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. 8th Street, SE, below Pennsylvania Ave. The event includes live entertainment, a petting zoo featuring live animals and the DC State Fair highlighting home-grown talent contests such as Tastiest Tomato, Funkiest-Looking Vegetable, Best Homemade Pie, and Best Homemade Jam.
- DC VegFest – Sept. 22, 2012, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m. Yards Park, 10 Water St., SE Washington, DC. The FREE outdoor festival celebrates the best of everything vegetarian in and around the nation’s capital. With dozens of food, commercial, and non-profit exhibitors, as well as several dynamic speakers and cooking demos, a kids’ area, and more.
More Upcoming Washington, DC Events